Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Wednesday 7 April 2010

YAY...and NAY

Woo! So assignment 2 is finally done and dusted and sent off woo! That does feel really great to have it out of the way, but also scary that now someone will read it and probably have a go at it :( but never mind, I  tried and I can only learn from what they say and keep going with assignment 3, which doesn't seem very different to assignment 2, so yay more non fiction joy! lol It's all good practice - keep the mantra going!

On a plus side, i did actually write a paragraph of the globe story which was interesting. Despite having read hundreds of books, when it came to actually getting the layout right, I had to go back and check in a few books lol :-) but better to get it right now than have to go back and change it all later.

On the NAY side of things, it's back to work today :( didn't want to get up and go out, but at least the mornings have started getting lighter again now so almost back to where we were a few weeks ago. Very nice having the light evenings though.

Going to see Clash of the Titans in 3D tonight, which should be good. I looked up the length of the film to make sure I'd be able to get the last train home as for some reason I thought it was going to be an epic one but it's only 106 minutes so not very long at all! So I'm looking forward to my swalt popcorn tonight yum!

So where to go now with the next writing assignment? There's a total word limit of 2000 words and you have a choice of how you want to do it - can be one 2000 word article or it could be an article, a reader's letter and filler with a combined word count of 2000 or any combination of those types of writing. I think doing a reader's letter might be a good start as it's only about 150 words. As for a filler, I'm not really sure what I would write about or who i could aim it at. As for the article, it'd be back to all the research and analysis again of various magazines. So here I am back to being stuck again :( Never mind...I'll get there in the end again I suppose. Unless of course my article for assignment 2 comes back all covered in figurative red pen and basically needs a re-write :( What to do then? Cry? Give it all up? Watch this space...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment