Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Saturday 17 April 2010

Ghost Writer

Ok, talking about the film here, not actual ghost writing.
What did I think about the film? It was ok, not that great and I won't be buying it or anything. I think Carol completely hated every second and now probably hates me for dragging her to see it :-( I didn't hate it, it wasn't on a par with Saving Private Ryan or Kevin and Perry Go Large for me, it was somewhere between there and films I really like lol :-)

I haven't read the book it was made from, but the film had a very book feel to it, and I don't think films can get away with that very well. By that I mean it was very talkie and not much action happened and they seemed to feel the need to have scenes with just normal every day things in it, like him sleeping or something. There was a lot of fluff they could have gotten away without doing and maybe made it a more concise film which could only have done good things for it - it was far too long for a 'talkie' film.

But the film did have some good moments, it was actually more humorous than I was expecting, well near the beginning anyway. But to be honest, I was more excited about going home to watch Lost :-)
I don't think anyone I know would really like this film and I think i only didn't dislike it because of the way I am with films lol. But personally I don't hold much stock with other people's opinions on films so if you want to see it, go see it - maybe seeing some less than good films, makes us appreciate the brilliant ones all the more.

Right well I better get off as we're going to Southport for the day with my brother and niece -I'm hoping it won't be freezing down there by the sea but I just know it will be :-( But it'll be fun nonetheless. Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I don't hate you! I wanted to see it....sort of, and I wanted to see you so it was worth it lol! I was just so tired and it was so slow...did you notice me falling asleep? I'm pretty sure I almost started snoring at some point!!! I thought Ewan McGregor was quite good actually, but wasn't really impressed with anyone else. I'm glad you decided to go to Southport today, always nice to be sociable, and I hope it wasn't to cold :) We've been doing some spring cleaning today and my mum's getting rid of a few thimbles, not that many and there's like 5 isle of man ones but would you be interested in seeing them? I can send you photies if you like? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha lol, yes I did hear the snoring :p but I don't think anyone else did lol.
    Thanks for the offer but I always end up buying loads of duplicates of places I go so I don't need any more!! hehe lol :) xxx

    ReplyDelete