Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Monday 3 May 2010

May Day

It's been a few days since I last wrote anything on here. I think my apathy has come from struggling a lot with my third assignment for my writing course. I've spent some time focusing on this and not really getting anywhere that I suppose the idea of writing on here also hasn't really appealed. But i'm back on here now and I must say I'm quite pleased that I have 19 blogs written in April. My aim is to beat that this month :-)

So this has been the bank holiday weekend - we've had the typical rainy weather, but it's not been all bad, it's quite sunny today, although I haven't left the house. I had a great time at Sian's on Friday when me and Carol went over for a games evening and also to eat Sian's yummy cooking - Caribbean meatballs, mmmmm..so pretty! I even managed to win 2 games! Very unlike me so I was chuffed with myself haha - although it's more likely to be down to an off day with Carol and Sian than me being better than normal lol.

So it's back to work tomorrow - time goes so quickly, it's just felt like a normal weekend, even though I've had an extra 2 days off! But never mind. It will be nice seeing Karen back at work tomorrow - those 9 months have flown over, can't believe she's back already! Speaking of time flying, who can believe we're in May??? It doesn't feel like any time since Christmas was here and then we were hit with the snow storms.

Spoke to Phil and Lisa on Skype yesterday and they were saying they're currently preferring the idea of a driving holiday within Texas. Possibly driving down to Houston/Galveston which is on the South coast of Texas, and hire a beach house down there -and of course you have to visit the space station...Houston...we have a problem :-) Then there was talk of driving over to San Antonio and then back up to Dallas. It would be a nice trip. Phil said he was going to look into things to do etc and send me an email on it. That kind of spurred us into a bit of holiday action as we booked car hire today and also my mum and dad's travel insurance. We also wanted to put our heavy wniter clothes into the loft, and to do that meant we had to bring our summer clothes down, so it was exciting to see all those nice pretty clothes that we'll be taking away with us! I was also tempted into looking at the KLM website to see how much our flights were now, which I know can be quite a dangerous move and make you feel really bad, but not in this case, the cost had increased dramatically to £1073!!! wow! Don't know if that's something to do with the ash cloud possibly, and all the money they lost from that that they're trying to recoup? Ah well, not bad for us anyway lol.

Well so much for my plan to get some writing done. I'm finding it hard to find that balance between doing assignment and writing my stories, not sure what the ratio should be so it's kind of levelled out at 0:0 haha. I really need to knuckle down and get some done -I need time off work where I actually have nothing planned, not sure that will happen in the near future though :-(

Anyway better get off, almost dinner time

No comments:

Post a Comment