Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Sunday 23 May 2010

Oh my God - how gorgeous has the weather been this weekend? Blue skies, sunshine and heat! It just doesn't get any better - well actually it would be a lot better if I felt a lot better than I do lol.

I had to miss a friends meet up last night (a yummy meal in Zizzi...gutted!) but I'd woken up that morning at 5:30am with pounding headache, feeling very sick and snotting all over the place - not very pretty at all lol. But then after I'd taken my new antihistamine and done the nasal drops, I started to feel a lot better. So I went to town for a couple of hours with my mum, to get some lovely fresh summer air and to pick up a couple of things she needed (and a nice 2 Joes milkshake!). As I felt much better by this point, I thought I'd probably go for food that evening, but when I got home, I felt quite drained and my early morning took it's toll and I fell asleep and only woke up at 5:15pm - we were supposed to be meeting at 6!. I also woke up with another bad headache so I decided to give it a miss and just relax.

On the plus side, I woke up feeling less sick this morning so that's always good. Can't shift the headaches though, but I'm hoping the tablets and drops will help with that very soon.

I think I've now decided to try and send my food intolerances article to Zest magazine, I've just emailed them now to find out who the current features editor is. A name is mentioned in the writers and artists yearbook 2009 that I have, but if it's changed since then, then that won't look very good. Could also do with actually buying a copy of it tomorrow and see if I need to change how it's written. I've also finished the do's and don'ts list for bridesmaids for assignment 3- but that's only about 335 words long, so need to write other stuff. Currently writing a reader's letter for Pet Plan magazine about Jay. but even that will only take me up to a total of about 600 words :-( I'll need to do a larger filler or an article to bulk it up as the total word count is supposed to come to 2000 - well it can be less if your target magazines/newspapers accept less but even I think 600 words is a poor attempt and something more can be done!

Hopefully with being off tomorrow I'll get the chance to at least finish the reader's letter about Jay, but first of all there's the most important point which is the Lost finale!!! Woo! How cool is it that they're doing a simulcast of the finale throughout about 6 different countries? Ok, so that means it's on at 5am here but with being off tomorrow, I think I'll just be watching it when I wake up tomorrow. We are still going to have our Lost party on Friday night though cos we were looking forward to it! Got my outfit sorted for being crazy Claire! lol. I'll need to smear some brown eyeshadow on my face to look like dirt, although I'll probably jsut end up looking beaten up! haha.

Right I had better go and get on with that reader's letter, I'm just procrastinating by staying on here. Oh yeah, also forgot about the 'Panic' story...oops. Think I'll try and start that too, as you never know, could come out well as a short story to submit!

No comments:

Post a Comment