Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Monday 17 May 2010

Moving on

I received a response back from Red today, but it was just someone giving me the right email address and contact to submit a proposal to, so that was quite nice as I'm sure they receive a lot of crap everyday and she didn't really need to, but yay, I've now emailed it off to the right person - so begins the wait for rejection again though lol :) I'm only being realistic people!

Ok, so I quite enjoyed doing my little writing exercise over the last week, or God knows how long it actually took me, so I think I'll do it again :)...ok dig the book out...got it...flick to the first random page...

1. Panic
2. Write about a graduation ceremony that was particularly meaningful for you
3. Virus

Ok, number 2 is just boring, I've been to 3 graduation ceremonies and none of them was particularly meaningful, not even my own, they're just boring events. As much as I love number 3, I feel it could take me years to finish that one as I would probably end up turning it into novel length as I like virus stories. This leave me with number 1; panic. Still a tough choice...hmmm...thinking cap. Could be done from a number of different angles - now I'm panicking! haha

2 comments:

  1. You know with your marathon one did you plan it out or just start writing? I think being as virus is such a topic you love you could set yourself the challenge of a certain maximum number of words and plan it out and try and do something quite short. Besides as one of your first short stories it could come in handy for a future novel :p Always good to start your prep early! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha lol, my muse :)
    I just started writing it, didn't really know what was coming up.
    'Virus' is such a big topic though! I know what I'm like when I plan rather than just write, it just stays as a plan :( I will consider it, though i will probably stick with panic for now as a vague idea has formed :)

    ReplyDelete