Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Sunday 9 January 2011

Word usage error

Hello again

Yesterday I came across another error - this time not on a menu. This came as part of an email from NHS discounts and part of this email was an advertisemernt for a charity helping with debt management - this is the advert:

Hands up if you can see the problem...

I'm actually quite shocked that nobody seemed to check this advert before it was sent to thousands of people. As you will have noticed 'course' isn't the correct word to use in this instance and in fact should be 'cause'. Unfortunately this isn't an error that can be put down to a simple typing mistake and was probably down to someone not thinking about it properly. Ah well never mind, it provided me with another blog post so I'm happy :-)

1 comment: