Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Monday 22 March 2010

Today

Ok, so to the slightly more dreariness that was today. Not a lot happened; I was covering reception today in my job which is not the nicest of jobs and doesn't really let you get on with your work very well, but it's also quite nice as a bit of a break from the norm.

I spent my lunch hour thinking of some possible article ideas to write up once I manage to finish Assignment 2 for the course! This was instead of going into town as I had intended in my lunch break, as I really need a specific size baking tray. My manager in work is doing the Pedal it Pink cycle through Sefton Park in a few weeks to raise money for Breast Cancer Care and I suggested that she get everyone in work involved in a cake sale as we've had a few and they always raise loads of money. So we have lots of people who've offered to make cakes and let us sell them this Thursday, myself included, hence the need for my baking tray, which is to make brownies from my new Hummingbird Bakery book (and hope they turn out ok as I've not made them before). But I will also be making my trusty cake from a box, care of Betty Crocker as well which always taste nice.

Also, another thing to mark today was the release of the New Moon DVD, yay! I got my dad to go to Sainsburys and get it for me for £7.99! Not a bad deal. So I'm looking forward to watching that again at some point. Bearing in mind I saw it 4 times at the cinema! But i thought it was a very god film, especially for a book adaptation and i feel it stuck very close to the story, as best you can when making something visual. I think they did a better job with New Moon than they did with Twilight, but I guess they were trying to appeal to all those who hadn't read the book as well as those who had, so despite New Moon being my least favourite of the four books, I have so far found it the best film. Ok, so there's 3 more to go (since they're splitting book 4 into 2 films, a la Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) but I can only go on what I have in front of me. Not long to wait until Eclipse comes out though, and I've already explained to Becca that I will be dragging her to see that in America :)

So here's to tomorrow, a better day? We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment