Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Monday 22 March 2010

Shutter Island

I went to see this film on Friday with two of my very good friends. I'd been very much looking forward to seeing the film and although I wasn't disapointed with it, it wasn't at all what I was expecting. The trailer makes it appear to be a very creepy, scary, almost a mild horror film. However, this wasn't the case, and yes although it did have its creepy moments, again, they weren't in the way I was expecting.

I'm not quite sure how to categorise the film into a genre, possibly psychological thriller would be the closest description. The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio and is directed by Martin Scorsese. It is set in the 1950s and begins with two government agents travelling to Shutter Island to investigate the disappearance of a patient at the mental institution housed on the island.

With no rel help from the staff, the two agents stumble from one weird event to the next, always uncovering something not quite right about the place. Their investigation takes them all over the island in search of clues to the whereabouts of the missing patient. When the patient turns up safe and sound without a scratch on her, alarm bells ring in their minds and they continue to look into the events surrounding the disappearance. I can't really continue on with a description here without it spoiling the whole film for all these followers I have :) so I will leave it there and tell you it is worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment