Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Friday 3 September 2010

A mini success!

Yay! One of the reader's letters I have done for my Assignment 4 has been published, and not only that, it was the Star Letter too!

I didn't know until my copy of the Writing Magazine landed on my doorstep today and I opened it and had a quick glance at the letters, not really expecting anything, but there my name was! Got such a great rush seeing my name in print :) I know it's only a reader's letter and people who aren't even attempting to become a writer can get a letter published, but I'm very pleased anyway - and it's in the Writing Magazine and the only people who will read that are trying to become writers so I'm happy it was in that magazine.

Plus, I also won a prize as it was the star letter which is a copy of the 2010 Writer's Market - ok so not a cash prize, but I don't care, I won something and the whole point of it anyway was about the writing. Also, the book is actually quite expensive and will hopefully aid me in getting more things published :)

Yay, I'm very happy, woo!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! Very excited for you :D Can you scan it in or something? Or is it in Smiths for me to sneak a peek without having to buy the mag :p ? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha lol - it should be in Smith's so easy to sneak a peek :) Since it's actually published somewhere, don't think they'd like me to put it on a blog, otherwise I would scan it in
    xx

    ReplyDelete