Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Well my writing day didn't go very well unfortunately. I did try all day but the ideas just wouldn't flow into my brain. I did slightly side track onto fiction but I couldn't even concentrate on that because I had wanted to get the assignment out of the way yesterday. I had started writing some more stuff by the end of the day but the sci fi and fantasy filler I wrote is just awful and there doesn't seem to be any particular point to it; then I moved onto books vs the e-reader which is going a bit better, although it is quite hard to not put your own opinions in there and at the same time make it sound as though you know what you're talking about.

But there's nothing I can do about that or my lack of ideas. The main thing that writing stuff says is to 'write what you know' but I'm finding out that I don't know an awful lot about anything lol! Or rather I don't know how to turn what I do know into an article or how to find the right angle to talk about. Hmmm methinks that non-fiction is not my forte! But I do want to give it a decent try and I'm looking forward to the travel writing and the photography modules, they should be quite interesting, not easy by any means though.

I'll keep going with the books vs e-reader filler/article and see how it goes, though I have no idea what the target market would be - suppose it depends on how biased I am to one or the other, or if I can make it sound equal. But I can't get on with it tonight as going out for mum's birthday :) Bit of a distraction might help.

I actually really want to finish this assignment for a couple of reasons - one to see the back of it :) and the other so I can concentrate on a short story or two and see if any seem good enough to enter into any competitions as there's a few coming up. I'll probably make myself read through the marathon story and edit (a lot) and see what the "finished" product sounds like.

Anyway lunch will be over soon so better get off

No comments:

Post a Comment