Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Monday 8 November 2010

NaNoWriMo - Week 1

Hello all

We're now a full week into NaNoWriMo and as you'll see from my dismal word count, I'm not doing very well with it. To be fair, I've had a few obstacles, the main one being that I haven't been very well, the worst symptom of which has been massive headaches, which I'm sure all you writers out there know isn't conducive to writing. Thinking up plots and characters became a bit too painful, and after having worked all day on a computer, the last thing I wanted to do was go home and switch on my computer.

My other reason is that I seem to have suddenly become popular and my time has been required elsewhere, away from my story. It's probably the busiest I've been in a while, which is just all happening at the wrong time! lol. I've been to my book club and movie quiz - both of which I did know about in advance but still it prevented me from writing. Although I have to say, the time I spent in Caffe Nero prior to my book club was well spent and got me started on the novel trail.

I also had a family thing on this weekend, 2 of my brothers I don't see often (one lives in Cambridge and the other in America) were both home and I did feel it more important to spend time with them, which I'm sure some of the more serious Nanoers would disagree with lol, but I'm just happy I've already reached my said target of 1000 words.

I do aim to improve my word count though, hopefully drastically, but it would seem that there is a plot against me as more of my time is required over the next couple of weeks, some of which were organised before I'd even heard of Nano and some of which are newly made plans that I would still like to do. I am free tonight though and completely forgot there was a write-in at the Waterstones in town :-( I would have liked to have gone along and met some people from the Liverpool region forum, but there's always next Monday. Looking at the weather, I'm kind of pleased I will be going straight home though! But, aside from watching Dexter, I will attempt to dedicate my evening to my story and hopefully progress it further.

good luck to all taking part...

No comments:

Post a Comment