Pages

Hello

Hello and welcome to my Little Willow blog, well welcome to those who might stumble across it anyway as I have yet to give this address to anyone :) I thought I might try and see how I get along with just writing in it first. It's all a lot of random stuff, but hey, hopefully there'll be something interesting for people

Sunday 31 October 2010

Pre NaNoWriMo

So today is Halloween, the spookiest day of the year; although for a slightly different reason this year for me. Tomorrow sees the beginning of NaNoWriMo. The idea fills me with dread, as well as excitement. I'm very much looking forward to having a go and seeing what happens. As I've said in previous posts, I have no intention of reaching 50,000 words as I know life will just get in the way. I'm already booked up most of this week!

However, tomorrow I should be able to get a bit of a start as I'll be going to Caffe Nero before the book club starts in Waterstones, giving me  abit of writing time. It is suggested, however, that you write about 1667 words a day! That seems like a lot, especially when there are work commitments and social commitments that people have. But I understand the reason behind doing it and I think it is a great thing.

If anybody wishes to sign up, the website is http://www.nanowrimo.org/. It'd be ideal for those who already have a couple of stories floating around in their heads, but haven't put anything to paper yet, especially as it starts tomorrow. There is lots of help and support on the website, which you will find when you join the group from your region. There are meet ups for write-ins and plot plotting etc, and the forum is there to help answer any questions you may have. The general forum also has lots of information on writing for you genre.

Good luck to anyone who gives it a go and I hope that people will be wishing good luck on me also, as I know I will need it!

Below is a word count widget which I'm hoping is linked to the NaNoWriMo website but I have no idea whether it is! But I'll keep posting it on new blog posts about the challenge so you can see where I'm up to - if I don't please ask me about it, nothing like lots of people going on about it to you to motivate you!
Happy writing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment